The shadows lengthen as the firelight flickers, and the season of merriment takes a sinister turn with another round of terrifying Christmas films. Brace yourself for more frightening encounters and a journey into the darker corners of the holiday spirit.
- “Silent Night, Deadly Night” (1984): This slasher film introduces a killer who dons a Santa suit to terrorize a small town, blending the innocence of the season with a chilling spree of violence.
- “Anna and the Apocalypse” (2017): Injecting a dose of undead horror into the festive season, this musical follows Anna and her friends as they battle zombies in their high school during Christmas.
- “Better Watch Out” (2016): What starts as a typical babysitting job takes a twisted turn in this home-invasion horror that subverts holiday movie tropes, keeping you on the edge of your seat.
- “Dead End” (2003): A family’s Christmas road trip becomes a surreal nightmare as they find themselves trapped on an endless, desolate road, encountering mysterious figures that defy explanation.
- “The Children” (2008): Family gatherings take a chilling turn in this British horror film where a Christmas vacation becomes a fight for survival when the children mysteriously develop violent tendencies.
Continue your holiday horror marathon with these selections, delving deeper into the unsettling tales that challenge the traditional warmth of Christmas. These films offer a different perspective on the season, blending the eerie atmosphere of haunted woods with the heart-pounding journey of Christmas horror. As you trim the tree and hang the stockings, remember that the darkest tales can sometimes be the most unforgettable gifts.